Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Traction light coming on and front driver side wheel feels

Customer Question

Traction light coming on and front driver side wheel feels like it locks up 2005 jeep Cherokee. Chrysler dealership can't find anything wrong. Trying to get it to happen and can't. We have a remote start on the vehicle as well. Thanks tt
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

The biggest cause for this issue here is a faulty wheel speed sensor.If they did not check the signal of the front drivers wheel speed sensor this needs done.This is done using a scan tool to observe the data from this sensor when the vehicle is acting up.Unfortunately they will only be able to see this signal act up if the vehicle is acting up.If the sensor signal is found at fault the sensor will need replaced.I suspect it will be found at fault intermittently causing the anti lock brake system to activate an cause the wheel to feel like it is locking up.I have see the wheel speed sensor fail several times before in the past needing replaced and suspect this is the cause here.Unfortunately in some cases you may have to leave the vehicle for a day or more for the dealer to operate it off and on to duplicate the fault so they can test to make sure this is the cause.I have had to do this in the past before for several customers just so I could duplicate and repair the fault.But I do suspect this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They've had the vehicle for three days trying to duplicate the issue. Nothing new here
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,in some cases it can take time for it to act up unfortunately.I suspect the wheel speed sensor for the drivers front is at fault here.This is common as I have had to replace several of these before.You can take a risk and have them replace this sensor and inspect the hub/ring the sensor reads off of as most likely this will correct this fault here or continue to let them operate the vehicle on flat roads and rough roads to see if they can duplicate the fault so they know for sure before replacing it but I suspect your L/F (drivers front) wheel speed sensor needs replaced.

Thanks Pete