Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a jeep liberty crd diesel 2.8 I think. But it stalled

Customer Question

I have a jeep liberty crd diesel 2.8 I think. But it stalled on me backing out of my house and now it will crank but not start. Its throwing different codes but two are p1216 and p1236 I'm not sure but someone said the last two numbers should be reversed when doing the key trick to get the codes. Those codes are the last two out of eight that are coming up on my jeep.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Have you replaced the battery yet? A low battery can throw all kinds of codes, which I suspect is the most likely cause of your multiple codes. I would like to know what the alternator output is after you replace the battery.

Those don't appear to be valid codes. Even if you reversed the last 2 numbers, they dont appear to be valid. Lets change the battery first and get an alternator performance reading..

Hi.. Just wondering how it went after addressing the battery?