sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My left side of my 99 GCL my windows wont go up or down

Customer Question

hi, my left side of my 99 GCL my windows wont go up or down
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passenger side windows wont go up or down, driver control panel only controls driver window and behind the driver window (back) wont control passnenger window or the window behind the passenger.
Driver control locks driver door; not passenger or the back doors. However, passenger door can lock all doors except driver door.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your passenger door module is down. It could be the door module itself but it's more likely to be a wiring issue.

When you open the door you will note a black boot between the front of the door and the body. Inside this boot is the wiring harness that runs from the door to the dash harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. In a case like yours a black ground wire or orange power feed wire is usually broken. The first thing I would recommend is inspecting the wiring in the boot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, would the wires in the boot also be responsible for speakers not working?

Yes, broken wiring in the boot can cause a loss of anything in the door.