Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I recently unplugged my radio and plugged it back in. I do

Customer Question

I recently unplugged my radio and plugged it back in. I do not have any volume now? This is in a 2011 Jeep Rubicon. It doesn't have a mute button. I have unplugged the battery. I have completed the hold the phone & talk button for 30 sec then remove key and open door for 30 sec for a reset. It does not have the U-connect option.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Can I get the last 8 digits of your VIN to check on any bulletins?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BL501146
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay!!

I ran your VIN and I didn't find any bulletins on your issues so I printed the wiring diagram and I attached it for you to go over but you don't have an amplifier so it's going to have to be the radio.. So I would try disconnecting the battery for 10 min then reconnect and see if it will play and if not then you will need to replace the radio.

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I had to switch vehicles and will try disconnecting the battery on Sunday night or Monday morning.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if the radio encountered a voltage spike or what but if you can't get it to start playing by leaving the battery disconnecting for a while then it will need to be replaced.. Sorry for the bad news..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad