sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 02 jeep grand cherokee, 4.7 l 4 wd. low air flow on

Customer Question

I have a 02 jeep grand cherokee , 4.7 l 4 wd . low air flow on all settings ..AC , heat , defrost etc. I replaced the fan motor and the control module . with the fan out , I can see a plastic door hanging loosely than can be moved to the back , toward the front of the truck , or to the front , toward the glove box door .what needs to be done to get air flowing
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like your recirculation door is broken. The recirc door is on the right end of the heater box above the blower motor area. If the door moves in a way that blocks airflow to the blower motor it will cause a lack of airflow but it sounds like the door is still intact enough that it's hanging in it's normal position.

I suspect the issue is with the wiring jumper from the blower motor power module to the blower motor. There was an issue with the Mopar kits which would cause low air volume. Was the power module and wiring from a dealer?