Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Roland I am adding factory mopar power windows and lock

Customer Question

Hello Roland I am adding factory mopar power windows and lock actuators to a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport, I purchased the wiring harness for the doors side but not the body side and I also want to add the factory remote start to use the factory key fob my question is can you help me finding the right body harness so it all integrates and works with the can bus? The car came with crank Windows and no power locks. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will most likely need to obtain the factory harness from a dealer or in some cases (may not be an option here being a 2015 model) a salvage yard,somehwere like http://www.car-part.com.But even once you have the correct harness you may also have to have computer/control units replaced and programmed by a dealer to allow operation of these components.This can become a very expensive install.The best thing to do here if you can is to contact a dealer to let them contact their tech support to see what they say needs to be installed and/or replaced to get this to work on your model here.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.