Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2012 liberty with sun roof....alarm goes off

Customer Question

2012 liberty with sun roof....alarm goes off for no reason...indicator on dash says gate and all interior lights are on. Haven't driven the car all day, although yesterday we drove in heavy rain. The last time this happened it had been after a rain storm took it into the shop they said something was plugged ....we live in the desert and don't get alot of rain so apparently something gets full of dust and dirt then when we do get into heavy rain this happens.....any help would be appreciated we are on vacation :(
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

If your alarm is sounding and the cluster shows "gate" then your liftgate latch is telling the TIPM(Fuse box under hood) that it's open when it's not.. This is a known issue and I attached the bulletin on repairing it.. If nothing else you may try just disconnecting the liftgate latch until you can get it replaced...

I hope this helps,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Liftgate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics don't look familiar. Will have to wait till daylight to inspect further
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply.

The pictures are of the liftgate latch which is inside the door.. I attached the directions to remove the trim panel to access the latch..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad