Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

You've helped me twice in the past with remote starts

Customer Question

Hey Don....you've helped me twice in the past with remote starts ....I have another issue...with viper 413 and flashlogic flcan.....I had a gm tech tying to help ......he is stumped.....can you see that question.....as it is still open.....and maybe lend
some expertise. ...you were awesome the previous 2 times and I appreciate your knowledge...
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This is how the Ignition Switch wires should go:
Constant 12 volts RED OR RED / WHITE
Ignition 12 volts PINK (+)
Ignition #2 WHITE (+)
Accessory ORANGE (+)
Accessory #2 BROWN (+)
Starter YELLOW (+)
.

I do not have a 413 Install Manual here, but IF there is NOT enough Ignition & Accessory input wires to cover the above Factory wires, then you have to use Relays for whatever is not available from the 413
You must power all the Ignition & Accessory wires above, or you will get Check Engine Light or over powered Battery Input wires which can result in blown fuses or burned Ignition Switch
Does your 413 have Auxillary Plug Output to power Accessory or Ignition thru Relay?

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The viper is identical....it it's wiring as the avital you helped me with before on the liberty ....and a mountaineer. ......I've attached pictures......of the wiring.....it is utilizing an flcan module.....there is only one wire from it to the obd2 port to control locks....and tach learn....etc.....they had me put a relay in to use orange (-200mA) accessory output on satellite harness to go to brown second accessory wire from ignition harness.....how would you wire this relay?......right now orange is 85 ....12v power to 86 and 30....and 87 is to my second accessory brown wire in ignition harness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hooked it all up......basically it was just heavy wires from viper.....then a data plug from flcan to viper.....OBD wire from OBD port to flcan.....and then brake pedal switch was hooked up from viper......remote start worked.....door locks worked.....everything worked.....except the idle was bouncing from 450 to 700 when the hvac was on......turn that off ...everything good......even when started by key it would do that.....unplug all remote start components. .....runs normal.....andfter adding the relay......it worked....title was normal......everything worked....except door lock.....unlock worked .....but no lock...........now the remote start only initializes and turns car over. ...it won't start........what the heck happened.......no codes....on any modules.....it's flipping aggravating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize ....it's a python 413 ...with the audiovox flcan module.....python says directed 4x03 just like avital......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's giving me a code by flashing on the python box...4 flashes red.....transmitter shutdown or optional push button ......I assume that's what's keeping it from starting. ....any ideas..

does the Truck Start & Run with the Key?
do you have ALL the Ignition Switch wires connected as I posted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have as follows...Red.....to.......red
Pink/white.....to white
Red.....to red/white
Orange.....to orange
Purple....to yellow
Pink.....to pink.....
Then the data plug to the flcan......and one wire from flcan to OBD wire...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it reprogrammed and starting with he remote start. .....but the idle is irradic now with the hvac turned on......everything normal until hvac on.....ac.....heat. ...defrost .....

how does it idle with Key start & on?

when in Remote Start, test each Ignition Switch wire & let me know which ones of the Ignition Switch have Voltage + under Remote Start

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's idling under remote start right now ....smooth .....for about first minute or 2 it surges.....only with hvac on though....but this time after about a minute or two it leveled ........it does the same with key......

thanks..........
IF it is doing the same thing with the Key & there is NO Check Engine Light On, then there is an issue elsewhere.
IF the REmote Start was connected correctly & the correct Security ByPass used, then you have a vehicle issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No issue till remote start installed...

I understand.............I can only say that IF the issue did start until after the Remote Start Install, the DATA from the ByPass may have changed something or there was an Error wiring in the beginning that could have shorted or changed the Idle Control.
I say this, because I have never encountered an issue as you presented after "100's" of Installs.
Your best bet would be to have vehicle Scanned for Trouble Codes first, then have the Idle / A/C Circuit tested via GM Scan Tool.
apprx 1 hour labor

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that last night.....no hvac module issue....no power train codes.......only code in all modules present is a rear door module fault.......I can unhook all power from both the python and the flcan......and it runs normal......now each time I use remote starter to start it with the hvac left on......it seems to smooth out quicker .....is there a learning process........?

Not that I am aware of........
It is easy to blank a Module for different components & Reset or Programming would be needed via GM Scan Tool or equal.