Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 is having a transmission

Customer Question

Hi Eric, I am Tony. My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 is having a transmission issue. Runs fine when cold, but after it heats up, will not upshift from 2nd gear. I get error code 1763. The solenoids were replaced just a couple of weeks ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

p1763 is governor pressure SENSOR volts too high was the sensor replaced along with the solenoids?

and were these OEM or aftermarket sensors

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know if the sensor was replaced. I was told the solenoids were OEM. When it downshifts to 2nd, it will stay there for miles.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

the code you have is for a failing sensor OR the circuit that controls it 99% of the time it is the sensor that has gone bad and I will always change the sensor and solenoid since they both are inside the transmission, I would ask the shop that performed the repairs if they changed the governor pressure sensor or JUST the solenoid first and if not have them replace the sensor and clear the codes