Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1997 Jeep grande Larado and has a new battery, but

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Jeep grande Larado and has a new battery, but it will start great most of the time then out of blue it will not start at all will go dead. I can drive to a distraction and battery reading will be find then I come out and battery will be totally dead and I have to get some one to come jumpstart me and charge battery back up. What is causing my battery to drain so fast, has new cables and connections have checked and are tight and clean post. Please advise what you might think might be causing this problem. Thank You, Chris
Category: Jeep
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Usually when this happens it's from something that comes on when it shouldn't and drains the battery down. Sometimes it's the interior lights, or the brake lights, horn, etc. That is usually pretty obvious though. One of the less thought of would be the light under the hood. Try unplugging the light under the hood and see if it happens again.

Do you have any aftermarket electrical components in your jeep that could be suspect?

Did you get it figured out or do you still need help?