Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a constant rattle- started about a week ago-sounds

Customer Question

I have a constant rattle- started about a week ago-sounds like a diesel engine-I tried to isolate it and I think it is coming from the P/ steering pump- indecently ac stopped blowing cold about a month back- no fluid leaks anywhere
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question, Does the noise happen at idle when the vehicle is in park? If you remove the serpentine belt and start the engine, is the noise still present?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the noise is no longer present when the serpentine belt is removed, then yes, this noise is coming from one of the pulleys. With the belt off, you can spin each pulley one by one to see which one is making the noise. The most common ones would be the AC compressor/pulley, the PS pump, alternator or even the water pump.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions?