Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2007 Jeep Commander. My Sentry immobilizer doesn't

Customer Question

Customer: Dave I have a 2007 Jeep Commander. My Sentry immobilizer doesn't work. The red dot lights up when starting the vehicle, like the rest, BUT when I use the keyfob to lock (enable) , it doesn't flash for 16 secs. then intermittently after to show it is enabled NOR does it flash lights or sound horn if the door is opened when locked. (You know how it is supposed to work). What is the problem? Is the fuse bad? Does my vehicle actually HAVE one? What is going on with it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
My Sentry won't 'enable'. My indicator light won't flash, my system won't flash exterior lights & sound the horn like it is supposed to. I don't know what else you want to know, tell me what you need to know.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have about 10 minutes to get an answer & be done. I have to go in 15 minutes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

The red light is your security system.. Do you have another key to try?