Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My ETC warning light came on brief moment and then the Jeep

Customer Question

My ETC warning light came on for a brief moment and then the Jeep shut off.... I immediately put the vehicle in park and it started right up. I continued to drive for another 10 to 15 mins and the same thing happened again. The Jeep shut off and I restarted as before. Is this a matter of a simple reset or does the Throttle Body need to be replaced?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

that all depends on what codes are stored in the engine computer, the ETC light is a warning here is something wrong, NOT necessarily a bad throttle body, many things can cause the ETC warning to come on.

you will need at the least a basic code reader to pull the codes that are in the engine computer,once you have them I can direct you in what area needs to be addressed.

the fact the ETC is coming on regularly means there is an active problem and NOT just a reset, and resetting the computers RARELY if ever a permanent fix