Dave
Dave, Jeep Master Tech
Experience:  Chrysler Triple Master, ASE master Tech AA degree in Auto.
11019023

My jeeps alarm is always armed and I can't start it with out

Customer Question

My jeeps alarm is always armed and I can't start it with out it going off. I tried putting my key in the driver side door to disarm it, but it doesn't work. Stuck in a parking lot, I need to disable it completely.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried unlocking the passengers door and the left gate. All three have a disarm switch.

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

to permanently disarm the system you need to locate the violet with yellow wire coming into the drivers compartment behind the kick panel. There you will find a bundle of wires that are coming from the door jam area. Within this bundle of wires you will find a violet with yellow wire. You need to cut this wire in two. The piece of wire that continues to run into the wire harness towards the dash needs to ne grounded. Strip some of the insulation off the wire and attach it to any known good ground or with a self tapping metal screw attach it to any body part. By grounding this wire you are telling the computer that the alarm system is disarmed. The only way to rearm it is to remove this wire from the ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried with the key on passenger side and it disarmed. Tried looking for the wire, but hard to see at this time of night. It will get me out of the lot for now, thank you for the advice, just saved my ass.
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I was able to help you. Please remember to give me a positive rating so I can get paid. Your deposit only pays the company, you need to accept my answer before the company will pay me.

For permanently disarming it if and when you decide to do that you will need good lighting to see the different colors on the wires as you have already found out. If you have problems or questions while doing it please do not hesitate is asking me. Even after you give me a positive rating all you ever need to do is just come back to your question and post a reply. I will be informed that you have made a post on this thread and will reply back to you just as soon as I can.

Thanks

Dave

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

meant to mention that no matter how many posts and replies we do on this thread or no matter how many times you reopen it you only have to give me a positive rating one time.

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hope all is going good with the alarm system. Let me know what else I can do for you.