sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Need help with mygig 730n rhr with lockpick

Customer Question

need help with mygig 730n rhr with lockpick
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless the radio is turning off entirely this will be an issue with the radio itself or possibly the lockpick. Did the problem start immediately after one update or the other?

The radio does continue to work, just the screen goes dark?

Can you remove the lockpick and plug the radio straight in and see if the problem goes away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping for a quick answer. I can take it apart and trouble shoot it myself.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to know exactly what is causing the problem without testing. I've seen numerous issues with these lockpick devices and that's most likely where the problem is, but it's possible that the radio will need to be replaced.