Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a jeep cherokee 1996 td 2.5 vm engine. One of the

Customer Question

Hello. I have a jeep cherokee 1996 td 2.5 vm engine. One of the heads is leaking water thru the m2 screw (manifold side). The leaking is coming from the side . There is a circular hole where you can see the screw thread. I replaced the gasket and still leaking. . The head seems to be ok... I tested wih the gauge. What else can I do?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

is the water getting in to the head or going out the exhaust

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water is going out of the engine. I already checked that cause I took everything apart and putted back together with a new head gasket and proper torque settings
I found a picture on google to show you exaclty. Do I need to put a metal plug there? I mean where I draw a cycle on the picture.None of the heads have plugs there but only one head is leaking.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

I would but a plug in it two see if it will stop leaking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
I put all back together but the jeep don´t start. No diesel comes out of the diesel pump. What should Ido?