Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 1998 jeep with a electric sunroof. The sunroof

Customer Question

I have an 1998 jeep with a electric sunroof. The sunroof will not close all the way and the window then does nothing for several minutes, I removed the light assembly and clean the contacts to the switch, but I have the situation. I think the motor is going out.
Thanks your help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Below is a link to the sunroof wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98roof.pdf

Can you verify the power and ground to the switch and module are good? Can you hot wire the motor to see if the roof will move?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris