Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 jeep liberty with a knocking sound in the

Customer Question

i have a 2001 jeep liberty with a knocking sound in the motor i try changing the lifters but same noise take out lifters on left side of motor bolt back cam shaft without lifter and start motor noise gone replace new lifters try again noise came back at this point i remove the cylinder head on the left side but could not find the problem i know it not bottom end so it got to be somewhere in the balance shalf area as i also remove the timing cover and all looking good so can u help me with all what i have tried
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a 2002 not a 2001
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

How do you know the noise is not from the bottom end. It could be a rod bearing or wrist pin and when you removed the rockers this took the power and compression from the cylinder which puts less stress on the bottom end. While running does unplugging the injectors one by one on the left side effect the noise?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well this information was not helpful as this was something done before as I said it in the balance shalf area so if I don't get I proper answer by today I'm going to take the shalf out and check to see what the problem so let me know if u can think of something else as this is a common problem this vehicle has 150000kms and the noise came on suddenly not like when a bearing going and gradually get louder as I'm a mechanic myself this is why I'm asking a specialist in jeep with experience to give me a proper answer and this is your only answer this is not what I was looking to hear let me know if u come up with something more

Since your not pleased can you list out each question you would like me to answer?