Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I'm ***** *****. I'm working on a no start/ no spark issue

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. I'm working on a no start/ no spark issue for a 99 4.0 Cherokee Classic.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Jeep died suddenly while on the road, no OBD codes. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, ignition coil, spark plugs and wires and the ECU. The engine cranks and I can hear the fuel pump fire up when the key is turned in the ignition.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Perfect. I'll be here
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your Jeep to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris