Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

When the headlights are turned on the gauges all bounce and

Customer Question

When the headlights are turned on the gauges all bounce and there is a clicking sound coming from under dash.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused on what specifically I need to do to help you. Can you clarify whether you're just seeking a professional opinion (basically an educated guess) on what could be wrong, or are you looking for technical guidance on how to diagnose and repair the issue yourself - might need access to tools such as multi-meter, scanner, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to fix the problem.Could it be a relay ?Don't know what to look for

OK. First step is to plug in a scan tool and see if there is communication with the instrumnet cluster. If yes, run all the pertinent actuator tests to see if anything out of the ordinary pops up.

Please let me know how you make out.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.