Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

CEL code PO122 and airbag light are on the dash. I've pulled

Customer Question

CEL code PO122 and airbag light are on the dash. I've pulled both airbag fuses and horn fuse but issues still remain.
I've replaced the TPS twice now
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

DTC P0122 sets whenever the PCM sees TPS signal below 0.1 volts for more than 4 seconds. This could be caused not only by a bad TPS, but also by a bad connection/wiring or even a bad PCM. The easiest way to diagnose this issue is with a scan tool that can read engine data. If scan tool is not available, then a good multimeter can also be used.

On the airbag light issue, we've seen things like bad clocksprings, bad passenger side switches and even bad ignition switches cause the light to come on and stay on. The way to diagnose this issue is with a scan tool that can read SRS data. If not, then you can disarm the system and start checking continuity on all the circuits - the caveat being that we can't check a squib or module for continuity.

I can certainly provide you with diagrams and guide you through all the necessary tests; just tell me what tools you have and when you want to start the diagnosis.

Best Regards.