Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a bit of a problem. What would cause a 2007 jeep

Customer Question

Hello, I have a bit of a problem. What would cause a 2007 jeep patriot to idle high, shift rough (worse with a/c on) and stall out all while throwing no codes or check engine light? Please advise.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. A medium to large vacuum leak can cause this issue you are experiencing. Also a failed TPS or throttle body could also contribute to your problem. Check all vacuum lines and hoses. Replace or repair as needed. If you see no issues, then suspect a problem with the throttle body.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the ether trick and got no rise in rpms. How do I test the tps, throttle body?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You will need to use a scan tool capable of displaying the TPS voltages. Voltage should be around .50 voltsat idle, and smoothly increase while stepping on the throttle. If voltage is jumpy or erratic, then replace the throttle body.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I can't rate yet. We are getting ready for a hurricane here, so it will be a bit before I can get under the hood. I will be in contact soon though. Thank you
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good thanks for the update and be safe.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully it is just a flyby!
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I hope so too. Just get back to me when you can.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you guys are ok and safe.

Chris