Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Trying to trouble shoot my heater fan problem.

Customer Question

trying to trouble shoot my heater fan problem.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** when wiring/connectors melt it means he blower motor is pulling too many amps so it should be replaced even if testing good on bench. Are you getting power to the blower motor on dark green wire? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read the whole posting ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I do not see anything about checking wire at blower motor. I want to help, not waste your time.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to install battery to do tests.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** say I could not check power to the blower because to remove it I must first remove the battery and CPU...its behind them in the firewall.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can run jumper wires from connector at plug so your able to do tests with battery installed if needed to. We do need to check to see if blower is getting power and ground then depending on which one it is missing go from there. let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll have to do that after work tomorrow....it's almost midnight here.. what about a relay failure ? If possible, where is it ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is possible. If missing power going to fan then we will test relay circuit. Here is a picture of relay behind glovebox if you just want to replace but we can do some testing first too. Let me know how testing goes, thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w63u76ed1vlpc5/jblmr.pdf?dl=0
-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Dan, thank you. Ttyt..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey real quick, having trouble with the dropbox thing....can you send it in a txt ?(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No, try to download the following pdf reader.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If your not able to get links open let me know and I can try to upload to a different website or in image format. Thanks.