sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have tried connecting my xdvd110bt on my Jeep patriot 2014

Customer Question

I have tried connecting my xdvd110bt on my Jeep patriot 2014 but I am having an issue. I bought the adapter and connected all the wires.. every wire is receiving power( red/yellow/black) but it does not turn on. Once I plugge in the connector to the car, the stereo has the sound of the cd reader working but that's it. Please help and thank you!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio is receiving both power feeds and it's ground but will not turn on then the problem has to be an internal failure in the unit.

You had ground on the black wire, not power, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed the problem by putting both red and yellow wire from the stereo to the yellow wire of the adapter. I think the red wire wasn't giving enough voltage to turn on the stereo

Great!