Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. the driver's side airbag light

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. the driver's side airbag light and warning beep goes on and off intermittently while driving. why? is this the clockspring going bad or an airbag sensor?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The clock spring is the most likely thing to fail intermittently but the only way to know for sure is have diagnostic codes checked. Some parts stores can check codes for free otherwise it will cost around $50 at a shop. Once you check codes I can tell you common/possible causes, testing/repair instructions,, and costs. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long do I have to get back to you? I can get the diagnostics checked in the next half hour
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can take as long as needed. I'm about to leave for a few hours so I can reply later on this evening, take your time. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. i'll get back to you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok diagnostics check didn't turn up anything, because the parts store could only check check engine codes. guess i'll have to pay to find out for sure or buy a clockspring and change it out.
Besides the clockspring what else could it be?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It could be 10+ things, your best off paying for the diagnostic check. Let me know when your able to get a code, thanks.