Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2006 Jeep Commander front AC quit blowing. I have replaced

Customer Question

2006 Jeep Commander front AC quit blowing. I have replaced the fuse, relay, and blower motor resistor and it is still not working. The rear AC for the far back seats works fine, but the front and center console do not (on any setting and at any speed). When I drive, I can feel slight air blowing through the vents, but when I come to a complete stop, nothing.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen the blower motors quit on these Jeeps. Sometimes tapping on the motor/housing will get them to go again. If not, then get a 12 volt test light and see if there is power and ground at the 2 wire blower motor connector. If there is, then replace the motor. I there is no ground, then the problem is most likely the HVAC control head in the dash.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Can I get the last 8 digits of your VIN to grab a wiring diagram so we can see what's going on?

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

By the way, the wire that should vave 12 volts is the Dark Blue wire at the blower motor connector. Be sure to check it with the key on. If there is power, then apply a ground to the other wire in the connector. If the motor is good, it will come on. Let me know what you find!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have a volt meter, then a 12 volt test light will work great!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you still there??

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply. Let me know if you did or did not get it. There may be a problem with the website and I just wanted to be sure that you get the assistance you have paid for. I will look for your reply.

Thanks,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Good morning! Just checking in to see how it is going with the Commander. Were you able to check the Dark Blue wire yet?

Let me know when you get a chance!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, Are you seeing my replies at all??

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Any luck yet?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back again to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris