Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have an 08 Jeep Wrangler and the radiator fan cycles on

Customer Question

I have an 08 Jeep Wrangler and the radiator fan cycles on and off. I just installed a new fan and radiator. The fan will come on for a few seconds then go off. Could it be the relay?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Is it running hot? is the check engine light on and if so what codes does it have? Was the fan coming on and off before you replaced the radiator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was getting hot at low speeds and stop and go traffic. Then i was going through some deep sand and it got hot and blew out the side of the radiator. It does have a check engine light here are the codes: P0052 & P0691. It hasn't got hot since i replaced the radiator but i notice the fan only comes on for about 20-30 seconds and then goes off. I just want to make sure its going to hold up in traffic. Its also my mail delivery vehicle so its right hand drive and i do a lot of stopping and slow driving.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

The P0052 is a O2 sensor code but the P0691 is P0691-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW.P0691-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW.

I attached the test for the code in which you will need to run to find the issue.. It has the wiring also to help you in repairing the fan issue..

I hope this helps,

Brad