cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I recently had some cooling issues

Customer Question

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I recently had some cooling issues with my water pump.
Ever since I got it back from the dealership it's had some weird electrical issues.
At least twice now I've had absolutely no power while turning the ignition.
Removing key, and trying again will allow it to crank, however afterwards my trip ODO is reset.
Recently while driving my Brake and ABS lights came on and my trip ODO started flickering. I pulled over, turned off the engine and restarted The dash indicators and flickering went away, but but trip ODO reset again.
Also having some issues with my brake lights not turning on while my headlights are on, haven't had a chance to check the connectors there yet since I know that's a common point of failure for this make/model.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok from what it sounds like is you have a bad pcm (power control module) it will mess with all of your electronic components what i would like you to do is try to reset the computer system you do this by unhooking the battery for an hour and when you are ready to hook the battery back up hold both battery cables together gor 30 seconds it will reset the cars computer system