Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2007 jeep grand Cherokee lardo will not start. It has

Customer Question

My 2007 jeep grand Cherokee lardo will not start. It has done this several times but when it is towed to shop it always seems to start right up and they never seem to find what is causing the problem
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. When you say that it wont start, do you mean that the engine will crank crank crank crank crank crank crank and not fire? Or does nothing at all happen when you turn the key to the start position?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just makes a clicking noise when trying to start. All lights and power works. Sometimes it will start after sitting for a couple of hours but this time it has been three days.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I see. Ok if the click noise is coming from under the hood, then the problem is most likely an intermittent stsrter solenoid problem in the starter itself. We see this now and then and when it does not act up, then can be difficult to diagnose. If nothing has been ttied, I recommend having the starter replaced. From what I have seen, this is probably the problem. I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris