Richard, Jeep Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

I have an 02 Laredo is stuck in limp mode, the codes I am

Customer Question

I have an 02 Laredo is stuck in limp mode, the codes I am getting are p0713,p0711,p1762 ..should I ehange the governor solenoids and ps.. one mechanic recommends rebuilding the the tranny
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening!

All those codes are likely caused by a faulty governor pressure transducer. You don't need to rebuild the transmission for those codes. The transmission temperature sensor is part of the governor pressure transducer. P0711 & p0713 is related to the temp sensor and P1762 is related to governor pressure transducer, so replacing the governor pressure transducer should take care of all the problems. Most people replace the governor pressure solenoid while the pan is off because it has given a lot of trouble. If you decide to replace it, I recommend using a Borg Warner solenoid, they are more reliable than the factory solenoid.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, this seems promising..I wanted to mention that I installed a new radiator before this starting happening. I read someones blog that on one of the lines from the radiator to the trans there is a check valve that can get plugged. Do you think that can be part of the problem..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't think the check valve(torque converter drain back valve) is the problem. It's just a coincidence that it started after replacing the radiator.

Thank you,