eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field
6149662

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I love it but it is getting

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I love it but it is getting old. Twice in past years when I rushed to pull the ignition key out of the cylinder, the key got stock and it took forever jiggling it to get out. I think it's a result of rushing and not turning the cylinder completely to the "off" or "complete" position before pulling the key out.
I must have rushed last evening when I pulled the key out, because now for the first time the key will not insert fully into the cylinder. It will make the beeping sound, but the key is only halfway inserted but it just won't go in all the way so I can turn it to the right and start the car.
I don't have money for any mechanics. I tried putting a little Vaseline on the key, and still nothing. It won't go beyond a certain point.
Can you help me, please.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the key stuck still?

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the jeep all the way in park?