cwalkerjr21
cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

It will not crank.The computer is good and we put a new

Customer Question

It will not crank.The computer is good and we put a new stater and battery in it.What could be the problemfor it not starting?
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you took money off of my vatd without giving me the right answer,i eill get you gor fraud
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just got the question sir.

I will help you solve the problem and when you are satisfied you can accept the answer by giving a positive rating. Or I can send you to customer service for a refund. They dont actually give the money out. It goes into your account like a deposit. So if you get helped you can pay the expert. Let me know what you want to do.

As for the problem your having we need to start by doing a test. Check the powers and grounds at the starter relay, Pin 30 has battery all the time, Pin 86 is hot in the start position, pin 87 is to the starter solenoid and pin 85 is grounded at the Transmission Range Sensor in park or neutral. Use a jumper wire to ground the Black/White wire at the transmission connector. If it now cranks, check for bent linkage inside the transmission. If the linkage is not bent, the Transmission Range Sensor is faulty. Let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks.