Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 97 jeep wrangler with a 4.0l my issues is if i'm

Customer Question

I have a 97 jeep wrangler with a 4.0l my issues is if i'm driving in norborhood or parked, engine temp gets to 210 and stays there but if i get on highway or raise RPM's up the temp gauge goes up to 230-235. I have replaced radiator, water pump, thermastat, radiator cap, temp sensor, fan clutch, hoses and coolant. Today i performed the chemical block test and it stayed blue indicating no issues with head gasket. I dont have any water in oil nor im i lossing any threw tail pipe? I have a automatic transmission but its all shifting good no sign of over heating there aswell.... Not sure what to think anymore!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this can be due to a fault with a restriction in the engine coolant system.I have seen the coolant system restrict before needing a complete coolant flush to correct this here.If you have not had the system flushed this needs done.

If this was already done and there are no restrictions let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already flushed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you did the block test was this done at idle with a cold and then with a warm engine and also is there any way to slightly rev up the engine to see if any exhaust gasses are entering the coolant system?

Let me know,thanks Pete