sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 4.0L automatic with

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 4.0L automatic with 257,000 miles. It recently started having issues with the speedometer working sporadically. Now, it will only shift up to 3 rd gear and not into drive. I have installed a new VSS and checked all the fuses. Any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also adjusted the Throttle Valve Cable and it did not help.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the speed sensor has been replaced yet the speedometer is still dropping out then you almost surely have a wiring or connection issue. It's possible that the replacement sensor is bad or the drive gear is damaged but it's more likely to be wiring or a poor connection. If the transmission output speed signal doesn't agree with vehicle speed then that will cause the trans to go into limp in.

Do you know what codes are setting in the powertrain control module and transmission control module?