Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

On my 97 grand cherokee i keep getting the message COOLANT

Customer Question

on my 97 grand cherokee i keep getting the message COOLANT SENSOR BAD i tried two different sensors in the plastic coolant tank, but the message remains, any suggestions?
i have a 97 grand cherokee that shows :bad coolant sensor, tried two of the sensors in the plastic coolant tank but still have coolant message, any suggestions?
'
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

99.9% of the times the problem is due not to a bad sensor or wiring problem, but to a bad solder joint in the instrument cluster (VIC) circuit board. The fix basically entails removing the VIC, disassembling it, and then resoldering the joint that corresponds to the Pink/Black wire.

I'll be back online again tomorrow after 2 PM ET, please reply if you need more detailed instructions. If not, please accept and rate my answer now.

Best Regards.