Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My son unhooked the wireing harness to the injectors and

Customer Question

my son unhooked the wireing harness to the injectors and coil while the veh was still running the jeep engine dead now it wont start I put new battery in it my wife said that when she got home this week it was dark out the lights were on and the new battery was dead when I checked it out I charged it it up can you help me out what the problem
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their is main power going to starter but when you turn key to the start their no power to signal wire I said when car acted up I took it to auto zone they put it on their computer and said # ***** cyl was acting up I got it home veh running ruf looked at spart plug they were bad nothing left still ran a little ruf changed # ***** coil then still that when my son unplugged harness that goies to injectors and coil veh was running at that time it it dead when he did that and wont even turn over now I put a new battery in because the that was in it was dead my wife sais that when she got home this week after dark the lights were on and after a while they went out so I put the new battery in and even that went dead after a day or so I have power on all the fuses except some 10 amp 3 of them under the hood and few inside the veh at that fuse panel thanks for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
look my wife veh started acting up running ruf I TOOK IT TO AUT ZONE THEY SAID # ***** CLY was bad I got it home found all spark plugs bad changed those and the # ***** coil veh still ran a little ruf my son unhooked the harness the goes to the injectors and coil the veh was running at the time the veh dead when he did that and wont start now during the week my wife came home when it was dark and told me the lights were on in the veh they went out but it killed that battery I put a new battery in I have power at the starter but when you turn the key no power at signal wire to starter also all fuses are good their thee 10 amp fuse for starter system that don't have power to them also something drain the power out of new battery had to recharge that also

With the key in the run position. At the starter use a bare ended piece of wire and touch it to both wire connections on the starter relay, does it crank and start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and turns over

Great, though I assume it did not start while the key was on during this test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it did not start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam looking for help if you cant then refund my money

Sorry you did not notice the hours I work, mentioned in my prior response. If those hours do not work for you, I can opt out and get you yet again back on the waiting list.

Below is a link to the starting diagram. Next we need to remove the starter relay. There are 5 pins but only 4 used. They go to the: ignition switch, starter, PCM, and fuse 10. One pin should be power (12.6 volts). When trying to start another pin needs to be power. When trying to start another pin should be ground. Can you see which input your missing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05jeepstart.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
look I FINELY TOOK TO A DEARLER THEY HOOKED IT AND SAID THE PCM WAS BAD DUE TO THE ABS MODULE WHICH I DONT BELEAVE I WORK IN THE MECHANICAL FIELD BIG TRK AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN ITS POSSBLE WITH A LITTLE HELP BUT THEY SAID THAT IF I FIND A PCM WITH THE SAME THING ON AS MY WIFE CARE THAT IT WOULD WORK AS LONG AS I UNPLUG THE ABS MODULE AND I DID THAT FOUND AN PCM THE SAME YR WITH THE SAME THINGS ON IT WHICH I WAS TOLD I PUT THAT IN IT STILL WONT EVEN TURN OVER SO YOU TELL ME I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE COMMING BACK I HAD BAD THIING IN THE PAST WHEN I WAS IN THE MILITARY WITH YOUR VEH I WAS STARTING TO CHANG MY MIND BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT NEVER CHANGED IAM A RETIRED MILITARY I CANT AFORD TO PAY 1300.00 TO REPLACE PCM AMD ABS MODULE YOUR RATING WOULD BE 0 IN MY BOOK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT WOULD BE MY MY ANSWER CHRYS SUCK TACK MY MONEY WITH NO HELP SORRY

Since you said you want to rate me (0) there is no reason for me to continue helping. Best of luck.