sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Glenn my name is. My 2005 jeep wrangler v6 model x is

Customer Question

Hello Glenn my name is ***** ***** 2005 jeep wrangler v6 model x is stalling out. Sometimes it stalls out and sometimes loose gauges but still driving fine. Had the crank senser replaced last month and still having the problem. Coffee still coming up crank senser position a when I read the code. Any suggestion
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It looks like you're still setting a crank sensor code after it has been replaced. If it's setting a crank sensor code that's definitely related to the dying. The crank sensor signal is the main input needed for spark and if it drops out then the engine will die.

There are a handful of things that could be causing loss of crank sensor signal. Connections at the sensor should be checked and wiring will need to be visually checked and it can also be wiggle tested. You may have an intermittent open circuit on the signal, sensor ground or 5v reference wire. A short to ground on the signal or reference wire will also prevent it from producing a signal.

It's also possible that the sensor is still the issue. Aftermarket cam and crank sensors have shown very poor quality, if it wasn't replaced with a Mopar then it's still very suspect.