Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
62301042

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited it will not start.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited it will not start. The battery is fully charged, I just had it checked. It's nit getting any power, nothing comes on inside the jeep
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked fuse 8 under the hood and fuse z32 under the dash, both are fine. When I loosen the battery cables pull them off the put hem back on why I turn the key I will get power inside the jeep but when I turn the key all he way to start it everything goes off
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, can you remove the starter relay, look for pins 87 and 30 on the bottom of the relay and stick a paper clip in the cavities those pins go into and tell me if the starter cranks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that did not work and again I had to pull off the battery cable then put it back on so when turned the key there would be power ( the lights coming on, the gauges on the dash turning on, the different lights on the dashboard coming on) when I turned the key nothing happened.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you check if thecavity for pin 30 has power with a test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a testing light
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Ok, for me to help you, you're going to need to get one. You can get them for under $20, pep boys, radio shack etc.