sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee- runs good except when the tank is

Customer Question

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee- runs good except when the tank is half full or less it won't start after it's already been running.
Replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump. code reader states 'miss on #6 cyl.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed up asked a question and was told it would be 8mins, no replay- now, being told 10 mins or less, anybody there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the issue is truly related to fuel level then the problem has to be in the tank. The fuel pump being physically damaged and drawing from a point higher than the inlet filter will cause it to not start when the level is low, if there is debris in the tank and the inlet filter is restricted that will cause it also. When fuel level is higher then fuel will fall over the top of the reservoir and it doesn't have to draw through the inlet filter. You may have debris in the tank that has restricted the inlet filter on the replacement pump.

Did you just replace the pump motor or the whole assembly as it's intended to be serviced?

Have you checked fuel pressure during the no start condition and verified pressure is low or not there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tank was inspected at the time the fuel pump was installed- we replaced the whole assembly
Now, it's stalling all the time, doesn't make a difference if your on a hill or not-or if the tank is full- which it was
this weekend when it stalled.

Has fuel pressure been checked when the problem is happening?