Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

Was forced to accelerate agressively while merging

Customer Question

Was forced to accelerate agressively while merging yesterday. Heard engine immediatly start making a sort of clacking noise. When I start it now and press on gas pedal noise is obvious. Did I throw a rod? If so, can this be repaired? What is generally the cost of this repair? 2008 Jeep Wrangler.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is it possible for you to make a video of the engine making the noise and post it to youtube and links to the video here so I can hear the noise for myself. If I could only hear the noise, it would help greatly and I could definitely point you in the right direction. There are other possibilities other than a thrown rod. I would better be able to help if I could hear it for myself..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert