sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I started my Wagoner last night and the consul indicated it

Customer Question

I started my Wagoner last night and the consul indicated it was in partial***** How it got there I have no Idea but I can't get it to shift back into***** I put it in neutral then put it in both full 4w and partial 4w went in forward and reverse then tried to shift back into 2w drive but it stays in partial 4w. What now?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a few things going on depending on what you're actually experiencing. It could be the transfer case positions sensor or the EVIC if the handle is actually in two wheel drive but it shows four, it could be an internal transfer case issue, the shift cable, or it could be a tire circumference issue. If the handle is in two wheel drive and you're just feeling bindup when turning then you almost surely have a tire related issue.
Is the handle going back to the two wheel drive position?