Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My Trailhawk had an alarm that wouldn't stop and no

Customer Question

my Trailhawk had an alarm that wouldn't stop and no indication on the ip of what it was screaming about- as I drove it got louder-we pulled over and checked doors seat belts fuel- turned vehicle off- no indication. let it sit for about 1/2 hr- started it up again and this time it had a low whine around
d the rear left wheel. any ideas what alarm sensors it has?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This may be an alarm to let you know there is an issue with one of the wheel speed sensors or traction control systems.The noise you hear may be a failing wheel bearing needing replaced or may be a whine due to the anti lock system engaging trying to brake the wheel.The fault codes need checked to see what codes are set and from there then they will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the diagnosis thus far is replace fuel pump. The vehicle has 3488 mi on it. Factory Failure? kinda early to replace a fuel pump...?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is very possible for the fuel pump to fail and cause this issue here and can fail prematurely like this here as well.I have seen new fuel pumps fail soon after they have been installed so this is very possible.If the proper testing and diagnosis was done by the facility that deemed the pump faulty then the pump will need replaced.

Thanks Pete