sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I added an aftermarket frt bumper to my 2011 jeep wrangler.

Customer Question

I added an aftermarket frt bumper to my 2011 jeep wrangler. it has turn signals built in I was wiring them into the factory turn lamps and guess I messed something up. The two main circuit breakers started chirping, so I undid everything I had done. Replaced the breakers and know I have no power to anything, doorlocks,start,lights, nothing. What could be the issue?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm wondering if the battery is actually dead. If there was an issue caused by the turn signals then at the most it would set a fault code and disable the turn signals. I'm not sure that they're actually related to the issue.

If the vehicle is essentially electrically dead then the most likely cause would be the battery or connections, but you may have an internal failure in the TIPM.

Have you tried a jump start, swapping in a known good battery or having this battery load tested?