tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, Mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

Grand Cherokee larado 2006 4.7 liter engine cylinder 1

Customer Question

Grand Cherokee larado 2006 4.7 liter engine cylinder 1 misfires
Category: Jeep
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

is the 301 code the only code you get?

is the throttle position sensor the only thing you have tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also changed the coil,only misfires going uphill 70 mph

ok,,sense you have replaced the #1 coil and you still get a miss,,the first thing to do is tune up the engine,,replace the plugs and the spark plug boots..if it still misses after the tune up,,you will need to check the fuel pressure,,these must have no less than 55psi at all times,the fuel pump may be weak

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfhnatguy64eqp3/0825-jeep-Fuel%20Pressure.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/jfhnatguy64eqp3/0825-jeep-Fuel%20Pressure.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help