Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I have a question of what something is. I have a picture of

Customer Question

I have a question of what something is. I have a picture of it and have identified it as being loose and it rattles like beer bottles whenever I go over a bump
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can attach an image to this thread by using the "paperclip" icon in the message toolbox

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the picture
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Got it, thanks!

Ok. This is the Parking Brake Shoe Lever. If this is causing a rattle, more than likely, the problem lies in the parking brake shoes or hardware. You'll need to remove the drum and take a look inside. I've wrapped up the procedures needed to get inside and take a look. Download the procedure PDF file ((HERE)). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is great have been having hard time identifying it rather than initially takin be it apart I read you can adjust it is there a way I can do that first before taking it apart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this 30$ additional to my regular payment?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is an adjustment procedure. You can give that a shot first. If not better, there may be a broken spring inside that is letting the shoe move, and in turn, making the lever move and rattle. I've wrapped up the adjustment procedure into a PDF file. Download it ((HERE)). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

.