sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Water got in jeep commander through clogged lines in

Customer Question

Water got in jeep commander through clogged lines in sunroof, now speakers won't work, although radio turns on and functions work, can't find speaker or amplifier fuse location, now after checking some fuses and replacing them, lots of warning lights come on, like parking brake, check engine light, BAS, ESP, indicator lights...will these go off with driving the vehicle for some distance?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Odds are the warning lights won't go off on their own. The ABS related lights will come on when there is an active problem and go out if the problem no longer exists. The engine light will stay on for three trips after a problem no longer exists.

If all of these issues started as a result of a sunroof drain tube issue I would first suspect a junction block issue. The junction block is the fuse box in the dash and I've seen them damaged by water intrusion.

Do you know what fault codes are setting in the powertrain and ABS control modules?