sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical issue when I turn the

Customer Question

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical issue when I turn the ignition switch on dash lights flicker and AC will not work + gauges flutter and it changes when I turn the selector switch for the fan
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming that the engine doesn't crank either since you mentioned this happening just with the key turned on. If that's the case, along with the other issues you're seeing I would first suspect the battery or a cable/connection issue. The first thing I would recommend is making sure the battery connections are clean and tight. You can also turn the headlamps on and wiggle test the cables where they meet the terminals, if you can cause a change in the headlights then you've located a connection issue.
If you don't find a connection issue then the next thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will load test batteries for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already fixed it was the wires at the cab door joint
Ok.