Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My daughter has a 2001 Jeep. Thursday it was driving fine,

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter has a 2001 Jeep. Thursday it was driving fine, then it wouldnt start. It just made a click. Her moms friend messed with battery connections and then it strarted. Friday started just fine every time she used it. Today it won't start. Changed battery. Bot***** *****ne it clicks and sometimes after trying several times it will start.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! This is caused by a bad starter motor. It is bad and needs to be replaced!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Glad I can help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We took the starter out and had it tested. It tested good 3 times. We did replace the starter relay, so hopefully that is the problem.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing would be an issue with the security system. However if this were the case, there usually is not a click noise associated with the security issue.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!

Amedee