sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I hAVE 2004 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 we replaced the power

Customer Question

I hAVE 2004 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 we replaced the power steering pump and the hydraulic cooling fan stopped working I just checked the box beside battery shows the fuse or switch 40a for radiator fan is missing
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2004 jeep grand cherokee limited4.7 we replaced the power steering pump and the hydraulic fan. It stopped working and overheated any suggestion and the relay switch is not behind the right light housing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just replace power steering pump not the fan cannot figure why fan stopped working it worked before the change just fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the fan not working is actually related to replacing the power steering pump then I would expect either low output from an aftermarket pump, or the system was not bled correctly. A scan tool to actuate the fan solenoid is necessary to bleed the power steering system after a repair is done. Do you know if a scan tool was used to bleed the system?