sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 1999 Jeep Wrangler has a circuit which includes the dash

Customer Question

My 1999 Jeep Wrangler has a circuit which includes the dash entertainment radio and the turn signals. The circuit goes in and out whenever it feels like it. It doesn't have to be from hitting a bump, or turning left or right slowly or at hwy speeds. If it sits for a while, because it is a part-time vehicle, it almost always takes a few miles before it will all of a sudden come on. Other times, we can be riding down the road and all of a sudden, boom, out it goes. Help please. Ron
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that you could have a wiring, power distribution center or junction block issue but I have little doubt that you have a failing ignition switch. This wasn't an uncommon issue on these.
It may take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what is going on but if you turn the key forward and back a bit you will most likely see the radio and turn signals come back on or at least attempt to. If so then replace the ignition switch.
If electrical testing of the switch's output while the problem is happening won't be possible then I would recommend replacing the switch.